Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My Road Trip to Iowa - Part II

My Road Trip to Iowa - Part II

Sorry it has taken me so long to finish up this post. :) So here we go! Day 2 in Iowa was a bit more interesting. Woke up at 8am to sounds above me (slept in the basement) and Catilyn asked if I could take her to school? Being the nice guy I am (and since the school was just a couple of streets over) it was no problem. When I got back I got cleaned up and Lisa and I headed back to UNI so she could take her finals. One thing I wish I would have done is visited the Target DCs which were right down the road from UNI. Oh well maybe next trip. While Lisa was taking her finals I walked around the Student Union. Very nice building with a good food court. I ate at a restaurant called Pretzies(?). Around 4pm Lisa finished up and we headed back to her house and watched a movie. That night we headed down to Cedar Rapids to see some of Lisa's friends. I got to their house and they invited us to a club to watch a local musician peform. Being the live music fan I am I wanted to go. So we went up to "Tailgators" and watch a 1-man band sing covers of new music. He kind of had a Chris Daughtry thing going on but wasn't that bad. The night ended up being a pretty good night - left the bar at midnight to head back to Urbana. The next morning I woke up and packed up my car, made sure Chance went to the bathroom and headed back to Minneapolis.

So I initial thoughts of Iowa were right on the money - flat and cold. But I did leave there meeting very nice people and wouldn't mind exlporing Cedar Falls again. So Target, if you ever transfer me to T-590 I won't go kicking and screaming! ..haha


CHAD ELLIOT, REALTOR©

The Hennepin Group, LLC

Keller Williams Realty

17205 Yale Street NW, Suite D
Elk River, Minnesota, 55330


Mobile: (651) 795-1147

Fax: (763) 241-0187

Email: chadelliot@kw.com