Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Iowa Road Trip ..a different world from Minnesota! Part I

My Iowa Road Trip ...a different world from Minnesota! Part I

Well I got an invite from a friend to come and visit her in Iowa. I sat there thinking to myself - Do I really want to go to Iowa? What is in Iowa? Needless, to say I have never been and my line of work affords me the opportunity to take quick trips in the middle of the week. So I figured why not? Off I went yesterday morning from good old Elk River, Minnesota to Urbana, Iowa. Now mapquest and my GPS each said 4.5hrs to make the trip. Me being a guy I gave myself 3.5hrs (ladies it's a guy thing you won't understand). I pulled out of my driveway at 1:30pm, roughly an hour late from when I wanted to leave. Now my perceptions during the drive was that Iowa was going to be just as cold and even flatter then Minnesota. And you know I was completely right! Iowa arguably is the most boring state I have driven in, especially during this time of year. No tress and just snow for miles. I arrived at my friends house at 5:45pm (already dark) and hung out for a bit and then ran into town to get some food. Now the town of Urbana has nothing in it ..and I mean nothing! So we had to drive 12 miles up to Vinton for pick up a pizza and stop by a grocery store. At this point I was missing the Target store on every corner in Minnesota. So we go back and ate then we headed out to UNI (University of Northern Iowa) so Lisa could attend a study group.
So here I am sitting in a random computer lab at UNI wondering why I am in Iowa at this point? ..haha


CHAD ELLIOT, REALTOR©

The Hennepin Group, LLC

Keller Williams Realty

17205 Yale Street NW, Suite D
Elk River, Minnesota, 55330


Mobile: (651) 795-1147

Fax: (763) 241-0187

Email: chadelliot@kw.com